The Cisco® ۸۷۰ Series Integrated Services Routers extend the high-performance Cisco Integrated Services Router capabilities of running secure concurrent services, including firewall, VPNs, and WLANs, at broadband speeds to small offices. Easy deployment and centralized management features enable the Cisco 870 Series to be deployed in small office or teleworker sites as part of an enterprise network, by small to medium business customers for secure WAN and WLAN connectivity, or used by service providers to offer business-class broadband and WLAN services.
Cisco 870 Series of integrated services routers are fixed-configuration routers that support multiple types of DSL technologies, broadband cable, and Metro Ethernet connections in small offices (Figures 1 and 2). They provide the performance needed to run concurrent services, including firewall, intrusion prevention, and encryption for VPNs; optional 802.11b/g for WLAN networking; and quality of service (QoS) features for optimizing voice and video applications. In addition, the Cisco Router and Security Device Manager (SDM) Web-based configuration tool simplifies setup and deployment (Figure 3), and centralized management capabilities give network managers visibility and control of the network configurations at the remote site.
Cisco 870 Series integrated services routers offer:
• High performance for broadband access in small offices
• Enhanced security, including:
– Stateful Inspection Firewall
– IP Security (IPSec) VPNs (Triple Data Encryption Standard [3DES] or Advanced Encryption Standard [AES])
– Intrusion prevention system (IPS)
– Antivirus support through Network Admission Control (NAC) and enforcement of secure access policies
• ۴-port 10/100 managed switch with VLAN support
• Secure WLAN 802.11b/g option with use of multiple antennas
• Easy setup, deployment, and remote management capabilities through Web-based tools and Cisco IOS® Software